[3830] CWopsT K7RAT(N6TR) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K7RAT(N6TR) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 04:12:24 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Feb 27

Call: K7RAT
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: N6TR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:    2
   80:   43
   40:   61
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  106  Mults = 75  Total Score = 7,950

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

A low ball estimate on unique stations...  too hard to figure out the multiplier
with paper logs.

Nice to break 100 QSOs!!  Made 61 on 40 in the first 31 minutes, then went to 80
and worked my way up the band.  Seemed like a new station every 300/400 hz as I
worked up from 3525 to 3550 or so.  After working K9UIY at the top of the pack,
tried a few CQs but only worked one more station.  Dashed off to 160 and worked
K7SS who sounded more vintage than I did and VE3EJ.  No amp on 160 and I only
had about two minutes there.  I think I am getting a bit better with my QSY and
zero beating method - so I can work guys faster S&P than before.

The 80 meter antenna is totally new.  My Quad loop was interacting too much with
the 3 element 40 just above it - so I reconfigured half of it to be a half wave
sloper and the interaction is gone.  I might be losing a db or two however, but
looks like maybe a sloping reflector in the right direction might make up for
that...  more modeling needed.

TX: Johnson Valiant - Henry 2K (on 80 and 40)
RX: Collins 75A2
ANT: 3 element 40 at 98 feet, sloping dipole on 80, 160 meter vertical
KEY: Vibroplex
LOG: Yellow legal pad - green pen