[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 04:11:24 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Apr 30

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:   57
   40:  106
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  163  Mults = 141  Total Score = 22,983

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Started on 40.  36 QSOs in the first 12 minutes, then lots of CQing.  At 0333 87
QSOs so looked promising, but rate was slowing.  Went to 80 at 0343.  Rate
jumped.  Vertical seemed very good and often many called at once.  57 QSOs in
the last 17 minutes.  Should have gone to 80 much sooner.  When I get set up
with two radios I can detect this.  I noticed the rope holding the 40 meter
inverted vee is untangled at the top of the tower, so perhaps I can raise it
some more.  The ground is so wet!  There is a good 3/8 inch of water running
across the lawn.  When I dug up a dead fruit tree this past weekend the hole was
filled with water. That is probably why it died.  Too high a water table around
here!