[AMPS] part 97 1500 W out

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] part 97 1500 W out
From: pgerba@pgerba (peter gerba)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 10:40:33 -0800 (PST)
Where is the 1500 watts we are limited to measured from ?  The output of
the Amp ?  The antenna end of a 300+ Ft. run of RG 214 ?  20 Ft. from the
business end of a 5 El monobander ?  Is this spelled out any where ?

Why bother to run 1/2" Andrew to the Ant Farm 300 Ft. away from the Amp.
You can run RG 213 if the output is measured from the end of your
coax. Insertion loss can be compensated for with a little more output
from that 77DX.

I don't mean to start a QRO war here. We all know the guy who runs 5KW.

I don't think the measuring point for output is defined by the FCC. Maybe
I missed it.

pete, kn6bi

Peter Gerba
pgerba@crl.com