[AMPS] Filament breakage

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Filament breakage
From: tgold@panix.com (Anthony R. Gold)
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 10:33:08 EDT
In message <19970512072607.AAA27268@[205.231.11.89]> Rich Measures writes:
> >It would be nice if one of the proponents of "parasitics breaking
> >filaments" could mathematically demonstrate how........
> ...snip...
> >73, Tom W8JI
> Svetlana, Penta's U.S. distributor, and Yaesu said oscillation.  Most of
> the amplifier people I know say oscillation.  I say oscillation.

I can conceive of mechanical oscillations of wires at high tens, even
at hundreds of kHz.  But mechanical oscillations of a filament at
tens or hundreds of MHz, and of a magnitude to stress the material?
This is just not intuitively obvious to me (i.e. it boggles my mind).

Regards,
--
   Tony - G3SKR / W2TG                   email: tgold@panix.com