[AMPS] Experience with K2AW rectifiers anyone?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Experience with K2AW rectifiers anyone?
From: mccarths@lcm.macomb.lib.mi.us (Sean McCarthy)
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 18:40:46 +0000
Hello all,

Anyone out here have any experience with k2aw (silicon alley) HV
rectifiers? I'm looking to replace the individual devices in my
LK-800 and am concerned with the ratings.

K2AW claims that although his rectifiers are sold as 1 amp devices,
with proper heat sinking, they are 3 amp devices.

My supply runs about 3100 volts no-load and can deliver over 2 amps
in SSB service. I would want to use 4 of the 14KV "1A" in a bridge
configuration, replacing the 1N5408 strings. (I already have them)

Anyone with experience with these rectifiers under similar demands
would be a great help.

Thanks,
Sean