[AMPS] Experience with K2AW rectifiers anyone?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Experience with K2AW rectifiers anyone?
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 21:46:24 EDT
On Tue, 27 May 1997 18:24:21 -0500 W9JA Paul Hellenberg
<w9ja@contesting.com> writes:
>They are all I every use .  Apporching 20 PS now built over the years.
>
>0 Failures.
>
>73 Paul

And only hams and CBers use them. The commercial, amateur  and industrial
company engineers are a bit smarter.
It doesnt take a rocket scientist to look up the specs and realize those
$ .25 1N5408's are a much better deal.  Unless of course the individual
just likes spending money .

I would certainly not recommend 1N4007's or those RatShack ( and other
catalogs) 2.5A diodes in the same case size as the 4007.....pure junk.

For "real" amps, companies such as ITT make some BIG diode blocks. I have
4 of them that came from a 7.5KV @ 4A PS.

73....Carl  KM1H