[AMPS] 30L-1 keying help

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 30L-1 keying help
From: pash@gdi.net (PAUL ASH)
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 21:57:03 -0400
Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing a problem with my 30L-1 amp.
The antenna relay behaves as though it is stuck in the N.O. position,
as if a ground was applied to the "ANT RELAY" jack.
If I turn the amp on the levels of the received signals to the
tranceiver drop by 5+ S units. That is expected if the amp was in the
transmit mode. However, if I excite the amp no additional current is
drawn and the amp simply passes through the input signal.

I have not attempted to debug the circuitry yet, but it seems to me that
the appearant stuck relay condition is just a symptom of the real
problem.

At this point I have ruled out the tranceiver by manually applying a
ground to the ant relay input - no effect.

Anyone have any theories??

Thanks for taking the time to read this, 73 de Paul N1PA