[AMPS] 4CX1000A advice??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX1000A advice??
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 17:47:18 EST
Rich, first of all how about adding a few spaces between messages and
your replies....some of us older folks might appreciate it.

On Fri, 13 Mar 98 08:40:20 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:
>>I would also try and obtain schematics from Command, Emtron and any
>other
>>company that is using the Svetlana 4CX1600B. There should be
>excellent
>>information on no hassle input circuits, protection, etc.
>>
>-  No hassle HF input circuits dismiss the importance of
>neutralization.

So you already are condemning the Emtron, QRO and even the Alpha amp or
anyone into tetrodes? You are beginning to sound like someone else.....

Me......I want to know what REAL companies are using, not just your
viewpoint.  The Svetlana 4CX1600B (or 2 ) looks increasingly interesting.

Cheers yourself   Carl   KM1H

> With a grid termination R of 12.5 ohms, no problem  With a grid
>termination R of 50 ohms, maybe no problem.  With a grid termination R
>of
>200 ohms, good luck.  With 450 ohms, enjoy the ride.
>-    Eimac says that neutralization can be important in grid driven
>linear service, and, as an added bonus, neutralization results in a
>virtually perfect input swr.   The neutralization circuit  is simpler
>than most folks seem to expect.  {Figure 5 at www.vcnet.com/measures}
>
>cheers
>Rich...
>
>R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K
>

>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]