[AMPS] SB-220 TUNE Cap Arcing

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 TUNE Cap Arcing
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 18:20:23 -0400

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 16:06:43 EST "Norell  Bennett W." <bnorell@lge.co.kr>
writes:

>I have an SB-221, to which I added 10m, and also performed the
>input circuit changes per AG6K mods. Now have very low VSWR on all
>bands.
>Either as a coincidence, or result, I now have the TUNE
>variable cap arcing when tuning over 500w.

Coincidence...really?

Start by removing all non original mods and getting operational as per
Heath instructions for 10M.
Then if you still believe in the tooth fairy reinstall the mods. Once the
smoke starts remove that mod and be satisfied.

There are only 10,000 or so SB-220's running on 10M without the benefit
of "cures".
BTW, the Heath SB-221 conversion also includes improvements to the input
coils for all bands....something not mentioned by others.

73   Carl   KM1H

>Any thoughts why this happens and how to correct?
>Seems to do it on more than 1 band.
>Thanks in advance,
>Bennett ko2ok in NJ
>
>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]