[AMPS] SB-220 TUNE Cap Arcing

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 TUNE Cap Arcing
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 98 15:16:06 -0000
>>I was under the impression that some of the mods he did on the input side
>>might have been adding nichrome suppressors to the grid leads like you
>>suggest.
>
>The resistance-wire grid-grounding suppressors I recommend for the
>4-1000A/8166 do not increase or decrease the inductance in series with
>the grid.  Such suppressors decrease the Q of the unavoidable VHF grid
>resonance.

I am confused.  First we were on the 3-500Z of these guys amp, now on the
4-1000A.  Anyhow, Rich adding any kind of thin wire to a grid to ground
path vs. having the grid directly grounded with a very short piece of
braid does add more inductance.  However, sometimes adding the inductance
is necessary for moving the resonance point.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden