[AMPS] C & LC Connectors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] C & LC Connectors
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 98 10:05:21 -0000
>C connectors are for RG-213 size cable. LC are for RG-17 size and Heliax.
>They are completely different.

While this is true, there are other cable sizes that fit as well.  In my
catalog right in front of me:

LC: Available cables seem to be RG-119, RG-218, 50GD (?), 50GP (?),
RG-18, RG-219, KX-14, 0.393, 0.433.

Some of these may be Heliax designators.  I am not sure.  I don't know
what the GD and GP cables are.  I sell for a French company and those
doggone Europeans have all sorts of strange hardware!

I didn't see any reference to RG-17 though.  Is one of the numbers I gave
similar?

C: Available cable sizes for 50 Ohms: 0.196 diameter, 0.393 diameter,
0.433 dia, 0.196 dia
Other references do show it as usable with RG-213, RG-214, RG-10, RG-12,
RG-215

Someone a couple of days ago asked me privately about impedance for the C
connectors.  I told him that they were 50 Ohms.  However, 75 Ohm and 93
Ohm versions are also available.

73,

Jon
KE9NA