[AMPS] Henry Who?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry Who?
From: kz5qdx@communique.net (Douglas Bradford)
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 03:45:16 -0600

--------------98BABED1216F1A6D00F7F52F

Steve, I have a 1973 2K-4 Henry still running hard thru Contest etc.
I have changed one Choke and in 25 years. A Alpha 374A was the # 13
unit made. I owned for 20 years and never did any thing. Had some other
Amps that gave me nothing but grief. I still have the Henry and now a 87A.
The 87A was part of a package deal and too good a deal to pass up.

But Amps are like Automobiles. Everyone has a Brand they prefer.

As long as this site does not cost me anything, what ever is allowed
is fine by me. All sites are like TV, if u don't like it, change the channel.

Several gentlemen earn their livelihood building, repairing and selling
products we use. I would rather hear from someone that makes their
living doing this than a amateur.

Experience is the best teacher and they have done far more than most
of us.  Like they say, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

73  Brad  KZ5Q
Long  Live   CW
Preferred  Mode

Zdzislaw R Sawicki wrote:

> Yes, "Dan the RF Man" is obnoxious, but then again most
> Salesman are! :-)
>
> All of this Henry "Smamby" is beginning to look and sound like some form
> of 2:00AM cheap "Info-Mercial, if ANYONE so much as mentions the word AMP
> out pops "Dan the RF Man" plugging them "Smamby" Amps.
>
> And if Dan was selling ... .... .. - then it most likely it to will be
> the best, "Most Rugged, Reliable" ... .... .. - in the whole world.... Hi
> Hi
>
> I just wonder if we can find some way to get "Dan the RF Man" to "Pay"
> for all of this free publicity and exposure that he gets in this list
> I DO NOT appriciate or find "Dan the RF Man" and HIS Assertive Marketing
> and Sales Manner; Queint or Excusabel...
> And do we really have to be subjected to messages  from a paid "plugger"
> for Henry, BTW don't most real Manufacturers have Advertising Budgets...
> or is this some form of Cyber Brainwashing, or is it some "cheap" promo.
>
> 73's
> Have a better and less commercialized tomorrow.
> and most of all "Have Radio Fun"
>
> Steve
>   oo
>  (__)         AB2ET
> "I bet two extra terrestrials"

--------------98BABED1216F1A6D00F7F52F

<HTML>
<FONT SIZE=+1>Steve, I have a 1973 2K-4 Henry still running hard thru Contest
etc.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>I have changed one Choke and in 25 years. A Alpha 374A
was the # 13</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>unit made. I owned for 20 years and never did any thing.
Had some other</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>Amps that gave me nothing but grief. I still have the
Henry and now a 87A.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>The 87A was part of a package deal and too good a deal
to pass up.</FONT><FONT SIZE=+1></FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=+1>But Amps are like Automobiles. Everyone has a Brand they
prefer.</FONT><FONT SIZE=+1></FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=+1>As long as this site does not cost me anything, what ever
is allowed</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>is fine by me. All sites are like TV, if u don't like
it, change the channel.</FONT><FONT SIZE=+1></FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=+1>Several gentlemen earn their livelihood building, repairing
and selling</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>products we use. I would rather hear from someone that
makes their</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>living doing this than a amateur.</FONT><FONT SIZE=+1></FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=+1>Experience is the best teacher and they have done far
more than most</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>of us.&nbsp; Like they say, everyone is entitled to their
opinion.</FONT><FONT SIZE=+1></FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=+1>73&nbsp; Brad&nbsp; KZ5Q</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>Long&nbsp; Live&nbsp;&nbsp; CW</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>Preferred&nbsp; Mode</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1></FONT>&nbsp;

<P>Zdzislaw R Sawicki wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Yes, "Dan the RF Man" is obnoxious, but then again
most
<BR>Salesman are! :-)

<P>All of this Henry "Smamby" is beginning to look and sound like some
form
<BR>of 2:00AM cheap "Info-Mercial, if ANYONE so much as mentions the word
AMP
<BR>out pops "Dan the RF Man" plugging them "Smamby" Amps.

<P>And if Dan was selling ... .... .. - then it most likely it to will
be
<BR>the best, "Most Rugged, Reliable" ... .... .. - in the whole world....
Hi
<BR>Hi

<P>I just wonder if we can find some way to get "Dan the RF Man" to "Pay"
<BR>for all of this free publicity and exposure that he gets in this list
<BR>I DO NOT appriciate or find "Dan the RF Man" and HIS Assertive Marketing
<BR>and Sales Manner; Queint or Excusabel...
<BR>And do we really have to be subjected to messages&nbsp; from a paid
"plugger"
<BR>for Henry, BTW don't most real Manufacturers have Advertising Budgets...
<BR>or is this some form of Cyber Brainwashing, or is it some "cheap" promo.

<P>73's
<BR>Have a better and less commercialized tomorrow.
<BR>and most of all "Have Radio Fun"

<P>Steve
<BR>&nbsp; oo
<BR>&nbsp;(__)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; AB2ET
<BR>"I bet two extra terrestrials"
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR><A HREF="http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm";></A>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>