[AMPS] NCL-2000 comments

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] NCL-2000 comments
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 16:32:25 -0800

>>Carl Heuther  wrote:
>>>The NCL screen supply is no better or worse than the competition of the
era.

>>Rich Measures  wrote:
>>The NCL-2000 screen supply is capable of producing high current.
>>There seems to be  nothing to limit screen current.
>

>I refer you to the schematic, not ur off the cuff comments.

?  I am looking at it, Carl.

>>>I tried ur QST mod many years ago ( 198 something)  and it brought
>>>the amp up into parasitic land.
>>
>>Ä  A lower vhf-Q, vhf parasitic suppressor -- i.e., one with better vhf
>>damping ability --  caused the amplifier to oscillate at vhf?
>
>A low Q what?   Should I put it in the cathode lead also? Maybe tune it
>to CH 2 .
>
>Please, keep your voodoo out of my amp(s)  thank you.

?  In 1926, a quarter century before I was born, regarding
resistance-wire vhf parasitic suppressors,  F. E. Handy said:  ³The
combination of both resistance and inductance is very effective in
limiting parasitic oscillations to a negligible value of current.²
Voodoo?

-  later, Carl

Rich...