[AMPS] B&W 850 in PI-L network

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] B&W 850 in PI-L network
From: wlfuqu00@pop.uky.edu (William L. Fuqua III)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:10:52 -0500 (EST)
 I would like to use a B&W 850 with an additional coil w/switch
to make a PI-L network for my 4-1000A GG amp. I will be running
5 or 6 KV plate voltage which takes me up past 5Kohms plate impedance.
The Q of the 850 is pretty high in that case.
  Actually, the inductance values seem to work out just about right
according to the "Radio Handbook" if I offset the switch by one position.
That is to make 80 Meter postion the 40 meter one, etc.
  Is there a problem running the 850 at these higer Qs?
Does it get HOT? or burn out contacts? If anyone has any experience
with this please reply.

73
Bill wa4lav

  William L. Fuqua III  P.E.  E-mail WLFUQU00@POP.UKY.EDU  Phone (606) 257-4155
  Department of Physics and Astronomy      CP-177 Chem. Phys. Bldg.
  University of Kentucky ,                 Lexington, Ky 40506-0055