[AMPS] Ripple current ratings of high voltage caps.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Ripple current ratings of high voltage caps.
From: johnf@futurenet.co.za (John Fielding)
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 20:00:31 +0200
HI Rich - from Nichicon catalog for the GQ series, the leakage current for a
470uF @ 450V
should be less than 1380uA to remain in spec.  Probably a worst case but over
1mA still
seems a bit high.  And leakage current is temperature dependent increasing as
temperature
goes up.  For comparison the 85C series (LQ etc) have the same leakage current
specs.
BTW the spec is for a capacitor having the rated voltage applied for 5 mins,
measurement
is taken after the 5 mins.  How does this compare with the CDE parts?  We see
very little
US component data here, mostly Japanese and European, would be interesting to
compare the
various manufacturers.

John    ZS5JF

To: <amps@contesting.com>