[AMPS] parasitic suppressors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parasitic suppressors
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 08:52:55 +0100
The first point that we need to realsie is that you only get the parasitics
if the Barkhausen criteria are satisfied at any particular frequency.  This,
as Ian says, derives from the factors of gain and phase shift.

I still don't see any answer as to why the Q of a resistance wire inductor
should actually be less as frequency increases than a paralle R-L
combination which provides an impedance asymptotic to the resistance value.
Which is another way of saying that the impedance tends to the value of the
shunt resistance.

In these measurements of suppressors, what was the value of the shunting
resistance? If there wasn't one, all bets are off, since you are comparing
apples and bananas.

73

Peter G3RZP