[AMPS] FCC Actions at Dayton

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FCC Actions at Dayton
From: wlfuqu00@pop.uky.edu (William L. Fuqua III)
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:18:28 -0400 (EDT)

>Agreed, Rich.  The main reason for all the restrictions seems to be to
limit the CB guys.  Well, as we've all heard on the reflector before, some
of the best homebrew amplifier builders these days are mud ducks.  It just
goes to prove that laws aren't what keeps people from doing bad things.
Laws just make more people potential criminals because we might break one
without knowing it.  Those who want to do bad things will do them wether a
law exists or not.

>But now we're getting into a political discussion and away from amplifiers! :-)
>
>73,
>
>Jon
>KE9NA

   I just have to make a comment. Some operate legally because it is the
right thing to
do. But others must be threatened with punishment to obey laws. CB was
intended to be
a limited range form of communication for family and small business use.
   When I hear a parasitic oscillation drifting up thru 10 Meters most
likely it
is a CB'er with a "LINEAR". Because there are a few that may be able to build
a well designed amplifier that does not mean that they should be encouraged
to operate QRO.
   Most people obey the laws some do not. Look at those people that park in
handicap parking spaces that are not handicapped. If it were not for the
fact that most people
do what is right it would be impossible of a handicapped person to find a
parking space. If there were not laws against parking in a handicapped space
there would be none available. Some don't do it for fear of being fined.
   I guess I'll get flamed, but what the heck.

73
Bill wa4lav

  William L. Fuqua III  P.E.  E-mail WLFUQU00@POP.UKY.EDU  Phone (606) 257-4155
  Department of Physics and Astronomy      CP-177 Chem. Phys. Bldg.
  University of Kentucky ,                 Lexington, Ky 40506-0055