[AMPS] slam tally

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] slam tally
From: w8ik@ibm.net (Joe Subich, W8IK/4)
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 19:55:06 -0400

Did is ever occur to you that "Engineer B" can have different meanings
depending on the organization (company)?  I've been in some companies,
even negotiated union contracts, in which the "pecking order" was
technician I, technician II, technician III ... and the technician III
grade was supervisor/foreperson!  In addition, many companies assign
supervisory or managerial duties to an individual without any change
in "official" title, particularly in a relatively small department and
where some specific technical or operational speciality is involved.

Unless you can produce an unambiguous statement from Miklos' supervisor
that at no time during his tenure at Eimac/Varian did Miklos performed
any managerial function, it's time for you to let this old chestnut
drop ... particularly since Miklos is currently employed in a
managerial role at TritonETD (or was as of NAB 1998).

73,
   ... Joe Subich, W8IK/4  ex-AD8I
       <W8IK@IBM.NET>