R: [AMPS] Problem with Plate Choke

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: R: [AMPS] Problem with Plate Choke
From: hbrown@voicenet.com (Harry Brown)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:50:31 -0400
As far as I know, Ameritron will sell you any part used in their amps. They
have some manuals on their web page. I believe all have parts lists but the
ones I saw did not have the schematics. They will mail you complete manuals
(with schematics)if you want them. I've ordered manuals by e-mail at their web
site.

They've been friendly and prompt in my limited experience.

73, Harry, W3IIT

At 04:07 PM 6/29/99 -0500, Jon Ogden wrote:

>>Since yours is an home made amplifier you can decide what to do, but unless

>>you drop to compromises (i.e no 160m) it will be not an easy and quick deal

>>to have a single and good plate choke good for 160m and without resonances

>>on higher frequencies.

>Maurizio,

>I couldn't have put it better myself.  Excellent explanation!

>Christophe, if you want to buy a really good plate choke, Ameritron sells

>the chokes that go in their amplifiers.  I don't know the part number.

>But I have heard really good things about these and the cost is around

>$25 US.  It might be worth looking in to.  Good choke designs are tough

>and it is hard to get one that does everything.

>73,

>Jon

>KE9NA

>The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

>Jon Ogden

>jono@enteract.com

>www.qsl.net/ke9na

>--

<center>Visit the Mt. Airy VHF Radio Club at:

</color></underline>Info on VHF/Microwave Nets, Beacons & Subscription to
Cheesebits

Currently running a series on 24 GHz Transverters

Beacons at 50.080, 144.284, 222.065, 432.295, 903.071, 1,296.251,
2,304.037, 3456.220, 5,760.200 and 10,368.200 MHz from FM29JW </center>