[AMPS] 2 tone intermod test

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 2 tone intermod test
From: RichyRusso@aol.com (RichyRusso@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:57:38 EST

  The best way to test an Amp (and radio for that matter) is to speak Spanish
into the microphone. If you dont believe me, listen to the lower part of 10m
and the middle of 20m, these guys speak spanish and the radios are severly
overdriven causing splatter. :-)   I guess the language affords alot of alc
response and I very much doubt that the radios/amps are overdriven ....
  Get yourself a digital voice storage unit that repeats "OLLA" 500 times a
minute and  the "ch" sound and you have the perfect amp test fixture..This
beats two tone,mic rubbing, rap music and any other suggested method here...
 I bet Rich never thought of this test but I am sure it will be in the next
QST !!  Tnx  Richy  :-)