[AMPS] cooling

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] cooling
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:41:51 +0000

Hi all,

Richy wrote...

>   What is an Ideal fan to replace the Muffin fan with on my MLA2500? I have
> to cool a pair of 3cx800's.. I know that muffin fan will work at high speed
> but I am sure there is something better out there.. I am building the plenum
> now for vertical cooling and the amp is almost finished, if the lights go out
> on the eastern seaboard dont worry.. Is probably me!!  Richy

I seriously doubt that the MLA2500 power supply is up to the task of
feeding a PAIR of 3cx800's.  A single 3cx800 would be more resonable.
 Also, the output tank on the MLA2500 would need redesign and
rebuilding (not a bad idea, anyhow!)  The muffin fan might be able to
keep the single tube cool enough... it works for a single 4cx800a...
see QST, May '96.

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT