[AMPS] radio may be bad for you

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] radio may be bad for you
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John T. M. Lyles)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:17:01 -0700
I saw this in an advertisement in a broadcast mag, Radio World.

Electro-K offers X-ion, a device that promises to protect against
positive ion generators by neutralizing Electro-Magnetic Fields, the
alleged cause of brain tumors in cellphone users, leukemia in
children, and the suppression of immune systems. The company includes
radios along with appliances such as refrigerators, and even
automobiles in its list of products that X-ion will protect you
against. [ Could I hang this from my doggies collar too? ] It is a
negative ion producer, that, when placed on the appliance, forms an
INVISIBLE barrier to EMF damage. It produces these beneficial
negative ions with a lump of the gemstone tourmaline. It apparently
extracts moisture from the atmosphere and converts it into negative
ions. Cost is $25 for a single pack.
Electro-K is in California (where else?) at (310) 231-7872.