[AMPS] Blow TL922

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blow TL922
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:22:45 -0500
At 10:47 AM 2/24/2000 -0700, measures wrote:
>Ip on standby is usually caused by a shorted tube.  If this situation
>exists in an factory-stock 922, the danger to the filament transformer is
>great.

But as you pointed out, in a previous post, " If you have output, the tubes
can not be shorted, so there should be no Ip on standby."

In my SB-220, the bias contacts were sticking both closed and open.  Worst
burning was in the normally closed bias contacts.

73,  Pete N4ZR

Don't forget to update your entry in the World Contest Station Database
http://206.102.70.3/search.htm