[AMPS] Re: Poor Science

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Poor Science
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:28:34 -0700

>Actually, I subscribe to this list specifically to read the banter between
>Rich and Tom..

Without Tom, there are fewer posts. Without a protagonist and an
antagonist, this place would be downtown Snoresville.

>I have learned a great deal from the both of them - some of
>it not always good, but I wouldn't have it any other way...

I have learned that denial of reality is a more serious problem than I
once thought.

>However, I prefer it when the retorts include actual data and reproducible
>situations.

Amen.  Ad hominem terms like ''poor science'' are vacuous.   .  .

>I would have to conclude that both of these individuals have
>made positive contributions to my understanding of amplifier design.

Have you checked out Mr. Rauch's Web site and *QST* articles?

cheers, Don

Tell us there is nothing interesting about a guy whose ego is such that
he puts himself on his list of ''recognized  experts'' (9/94 QST, p.71).

>This is a great list
>when those two are filtered out.

Sounds like maybe you are still sneaking peeks at the bad boys.  .
cheers, Charles