[AMPS] VHF visitation (was power handling...)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] VHF visitation (was power handling...)
From: fredffff@hotmail.com (Fred Fliss)
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 01:47:36 EST
>>When it had a VHF visitation, my old ''plywood box'' amplifier would
>>Blow the parasitic suppressor resistors into something like cosmic
>>dust.   My guess is that the engine for this transaction was the
>>1000 Joules that were stored in the 9200v supply.  The transaction
>>took place so quickly that it never tripped the breakers.

>>>But they resistors don't blow up nor do they "look">>
>physically damaged.
>>>
>>The above resistors were disappeared.  Forrest Gump was right.

Dear me, I did see the Forrest Gump movie, but I recall not the simile,
could you please enlighten this luddite?

Then - the plywood box amp seems to have an extraordianry ability.  Does
this amplifier still exist?  As a prospective author, I'd dearly love to
make some network measurements on it, and outfit it with peak measurement
apparatus to see what is "up" with it.  You say it has a "VHF visitation" so
I assume you actually measured a VHF occurance.  What was the frequency
observed?  What was the length of time the pulse lasted (if it was a pulse)?
  How did you discern that it was not one of Eimac's fabled "barnacle"
incidents?

If this amplifier does not still exist, can you provide adequate details so
that it can be completely replicated?  Oh, such a learning experience that
should provide!

Fred