[AMPS] 4-1000 is this a good tube?+

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4-1000 is this a good tube?+
From: N6BUU@aol.com (N6BUU@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 12:40:46 EDT
In a message dated 05/17/2000 11:40:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jono@enteract.com writes:

<<
 Rich suggested 7.5 KV.  Personally I think that's a little to high since the
 maximum rating is 7 KV if memory serves me.  Of course if all you are going
 to do is run SSB, 7.5 KV is probably OK.  But if you are going to run AM or
 RTTY or even high speed CW, I would feel uncomfortable running my plate
 voltage that high.

 73,

 Jon
 NA9D >>
the above comments reminded me of a fellow I ran into on 40 mtrs a few years
back he was running 5KV ON A PAIR OF 813s! i wondered, but forgot to asked
him what his idle current was, as the (2) 813 give only 250 w of plt. dissp.
anybody here had any experience running 813s at this voltage?? (seems just a
tad high to me!)

                         HANK