[AMPS] Talking SB-200

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Talking SB-200
From: w2imf@worldnet.att.net (Stephen Goldberg)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:16:21 -0400
Thanks to all for your suggestions to cure my SB-200 talking to me on 10 and
15 meters.  I've tried them all in it still talks back to me. I coated the
plate choke winding, replaced the cap in the relay supply with a new one of
double the original value, tightened the bolts on the transformer and
transformer mounting and relay mount.  I even cemented the slugs in the
input coils in case they were rattling after loosening them for adjustment.
I've tightened all screws in the case and on the shields.
    Is it possible that the tube elements are rattling?
    It doesn't seem to cause any problem on the air.  All reports indicate
the signal is clean and audio is good.  It's just annoying to me.
    I'm open to any other suggestions.

Thanks again,

Steve W2IMF