[AMPS] Tuned Input the rest of the question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tuned Input the rest of the question
From: ka4u@vnet.net (John Simmons)
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 17:41:35 -0400
--------------C654013017CEA0CD31057F23

Sender: ka4u@vnet.net
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 17:19:22 -0400
From: John Simmons <ka4u@vnet.net>
To: John Simmons <ka4u@vnet.net>
Subject: Re: Tuned Input

John Simmons wrote:

> I am new to this so hopefuly  I can pose a intelegent question  that
> some kind of answer.   Sence the thread seems to be running long the
> line of input matching I thought now would be a good time to pose this
> question.    I have recentley become intrested in trying  to building a
> HF amp using the russian gs-35b.  I have been told that the tube
> charistics are similar to the  3cx1500 (8877).     Based on the Arrl
> hand book  (76) construction artical the 8877 is quoted as having a
> chatode impedence fo 54 ohns.  I have not seen any Information on the
> GS-35b  that flatley states the chathode  impedence  for this tube is
> X.   I have looked through the handbook  to see if I could find a
> formula to calculate  the input impedence based on  bias  operating
> point or something similar to the formulas used to estimate the  plate
> load  resistance.   It would seem to me that there should  be some kind
> of relationship between bias , gain , drive level , input capitance or
> something which would give a clue as to where to estimat the input
> restistamce.    I know that  one of Wing field  programs gives a set of
> numbers for use of  a pi input network on  based on the expexted cathode
> resistance of  a triode.

I mashed send to soon !!!!!!!!
T he  question I am posing is there a way to estimate the cathode input
resistance .
I also noted that the 8877 has a indirectly heated cathode where it appears
from the schematic that the GS-35b  has the cathode tied to the heater
element.      I am making am making the asumption that instead of using a
transformer  heat connection as used in the 8877 I will need to use a
choked input to isolate the heater  transformer from rf input on the
cathode.
The tube charistics can be viewed at
http://www.tubes.ru/techinfo/TransmittingTubes/gc-35b.html
Any help would be greately appricaeate  as this looks like it might be a
great alternative to the $800 + bucks for a 8877.
de John Simmons KA4U
mailto:ka4u@vnet.net

--------------C654013017CEA0CD31057F23--