[AMPS] 8902 Amplifier Tube ???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 8902 Amplifier Tube ???
From: da_kang@hotmail.com (Jeff Wolf)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:42:29 GMT

Kurt,

Sure it isn't an 8908?  Those where a popular "upgraded" sweep tube that a
few manufacturers used in "10 meter" CB amplifiers.

I found it to be a decent tube, but hasn't been made in QUITE some time.

Toll Free

I came accross an amplifier that uses several 8902 tubes. Can anyone tell me
if this tube has a more popular  designation, one that would be more
recognizable, I think it may be a type of sweep tube but I'm not sure.
Thanks
in advance for any response.  Kurt... K3KL...