[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
From: dhb@mediaone.net (Dave, AA6YQ)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 00:21:29 -0400
> >   1. select an appropriate circuit modeling program
>
> Why model when you can measure?
>
> >   2. construct a model of the tube in question, parametizing
> manufacturing
> > variances
>
> Why model when you can measure?
>
> >   3. construct a model of an amplifier circuit in question, parametizing
> > component tolerances
>
> Why model when you can measure?

Determining by measurement that one instance of a circuit fails to oscillate
does prove false the assertion "every instance oscillates". But the domain
here is production, where there are hundreds or thousands of such instances;
one cannot measure them all.

The question is whether, with some combination of reasonable parameters,
some instances oscillate. Modelling is a pragmatic way to answer that
question -- it allows evaluation of the multiple combinations of parameters
likely to be encountered during a circuit's production.

Models and modelling results can also be shared via the net, permitting
independent verification.

And before anyone gets suspicious, I have no relationship with any company
producing RF modeling tools.

   73,

       Dave, AA6YQ