[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 20:20:06 -0700

>> >The correct unedited conclusions are on N7WS's web page.
>> >

>> Who needs conclusions when we have the numbers Wes measured?
>

>Because it is better if neither you or I edit the conclusions of an
>independent observer, or change the data.

?  Independent observor.?  Wes' was pretty clearly in the Rauchian camp
before the measurements.  Technically, Wes was on solid ground.  He
realized that by increasing L-supp, the Q of a copper-wire suppressor
could be decreased enough to equal the naturally lower Q of a
resistance-wire suppressor.  The thing he appently did not figure on is
increased dissipative burden in R-supp on 29MHz.  The bottom-line on
resistance-wire suppressors is that they mainly reduce the dissipative
burden in R-supp. During the Grate Debate, I repeatedly asked Tom and Wes
to calculate the relative dissipation of R-supp when L-supp is increased.
 Nacherally, they stonewalled me.

>The conclusions are best read from the N7WS web page, since he
>did the analysis.
>
>(Those conclusions find there is no VHF advantage in using
>nichrome, but it does reduce Q more as frequency is reduced.)

 Wes' measurements show that there is a 40 something percent reduction in
VHF Q at 100MHz by using a resistance-wire Lsupp. .  Does Mr. Rauch have
a reality problem?

Congrats, Wes.
end

end