[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 19:57:25 -0400
> I'm not sure that it's worth transatlantic shipping charges to sent a cap
> to me. One of those I have in the box comes out of an old MLA 2500 - I
> guess that's probably reasonably representative. The one I was looking at
> last week was maybe a bit low in value.

I thought you were stateside for some reason. The MLA2500 is
from the same capacitor manufacturer, but has less C if I'm not
mistaken.

The best thing to do is measure the actual stock layout of an
amplifier accused of switch failures from parasitics.

Maybe someone domestically (besides me) can do that. I'd do it,
but I'm sure accusations would fly. Actually that happened when
the suppressors were measured. When the conclusion by N7WS
didn't go the way one person expected he extracted parts of the
data and changed the conclusions.

The correct unedited conclusions are on N7WS's web page.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com