[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
From: Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.com (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:01:04 +0100
measures wrote:

>>The correct unedited conclusions are on N7WS's web page.
>>

>Who needs conclusions when we have the numbers Wes measured?

For the benefit of anyone who joined AMPS since the N7WS Incident,
here's a short run-down.

Wes Stewart, N7WS, tried to help resolve the disagreements about the
relative virtues of conventional R-L parasitic suppressors and Rich's
designs using nichrome. He obtained an R-L suppressor from Tom and a
suppressor from Rich, measured the R-X properties of both types on an
impedance analyser, and published the results.

The AMPS archives show that:

* Wes strongly disagreed with Rich's interpretation of the measurement
data. To see how Wes himself felt about this, go to his own web page, if
it's still there - http://www.azstarnet.com/~n7ws

* Rich's own interpretation was based on a total misunderstanding about
what "Rs" means. He had to be taught some pretty basic network theory,
here on AMPS, before he could interpret the data correctly.

 ...but evidently that knowledge didn't stick, so Rich is now back to
claiming that Wes's measurements favor Rich's ideas. In fact, they
don't.

                           http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek