[AMPS] Amp using 833A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Amp using 833A
From: Wlfuqu00@pop.uky.edu (William Fuqua)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 08:24:47 -0400
   I don't think anyone has done any calculations:
I used to run a pair of 250TH's in parallel grounded grid in the 60's.
I then did not know that it would n0ot work since the mu was only 37 or so.
They worked fine driven by my home brew pair of 6146's and my 20A exciter.
   Now the 833 has a mu of about 35. Indeed you can't operate it at zero
bias and
the input impedance is  higher than 50 ohms and power gain a bit low. That is
not to say it won't work. Bill Orr's  "radio handbook" has an example
(calculation) of a grounded grid
304TL.  Yes, it does take a lot of drive to get only 900 watts output but
it should work.

73
Bill wa4lav