[AMPS] Amp using 833A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Amp using 833A
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:24:55 -0400
> >Everyone keeps talking about "mu".
> >
> >Why?
>
> Because in g-g config., the lower the Mu the harder to drive.  Because in
> grid-driven config., the higher the Mu, the lower the peak anode current.
>  In grid-driven linear service high-Mu triodes produce little power.   In
> my opinion, a real amplifier expert would know this.  > cheers, Tom.

We have different opinions.

In my opinion, a real amplifier expert would know a GG amplifier's
gain is primarily set by the ratio of driving impedance to output
impedance, and not by mu.

Mu is the dominant factor when the stage does not have heavy
negative feedback, like in a grid driven stage.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com