[AMPS] Bird meters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Bird meters
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 08:01:22 +0100
The project is coming along. Electronics done, paint disappointing.

Does anybody know a good way of producing the longitudinal slots on a piece of
1/8inch diameter brass rod so that it fits the centre of the Bird pick up line?
I need to change the connector without paying Bird prices.....So far, it's cost
me a $15 slitting saw that shattered and three goes where the brass rod has
broken. I have something that works, but I'm not too proud of it, even though
it's hidden away where it can't be seen.

Hand sawing without a jig is a problem. Making the jig by hand is just as much
of a problem.

73

Peter G3RZP