[AMPS] Switches

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Switches
From: k7fm@teleport.com (Colin Lamb)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:48:57 -0700
If the rotor is not connected to anything, the spacing between the rotor and
the contact is unimportant.  By using adjacent contacts on the wafer as the
switch - with the rotor simply acting as a connecting contact, the voltage
rating would be doubled.  It requires a bit of thought

In reviewing switch wafers, I observe that the distance between the spacer
and  a few of the terminals is the closest spacing.  That spacing seems to
be much closer than the contact to rotor distance.

I solved the problem altogether in a 4-1000 amp by eliminating the output
switch and using a rotary inductor.  That is a nice solution for a
homebuilt - but not a small commercial amp.

73,  Colin  K7FM