[AMPS] a sticky issue.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] a sticky issue.
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:01:44 -0700
>Rich- Try the egroups.com site- they will let you set up a list  for only
>the price of a few ads.

another mailing won't work, Bill.  See below for explanation.

>It is funny that your own personality, not any "Rauchian" group is the real
>problem- you cant imagine that many of us just think you are wrong,

According to Wes, the copper-wire suppressor had an Rp of 166-ohms at
100MHz and the resistance-wire suppressor had an Rp of 101-ohms.  More Rp
means more gain.  Are you arguing the opposite, Bill?    Ironically, the
problem that Tom proposed that we work on 28 Nov - produced almost the
same results.  In Wes' measurements, at 100MHz, ESR of the
resistance-wire suppressor measured 4.99 ohms.    In Tom's proposed
problem, ESR was given as 5-ohms.

Do you believe that the RF resistance of nichome wire increases as
frequency decreases?

later, Bill

>At 09:24 AM 10/13/00 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>AMPS members  -- Will requested that I telephone him yesterday afternoon
>>regarding ad hominems.  As we were talking, his computer was apparently
>>downloading a flood of mail from bellyachers / lap dogs (complainants).
>>Will is understandably discouraged.
>>
>> My ISP is well aware of the problems on AMPS because he received
>>complaints from those who are trying to get me expelled from the
>>Internet.  (sic)  The ISP's suggestion was to set up another mailing
>>list, which he would host.  There would be ,  no censorship, and no one
>>to listen to crybabies.  So, if some turkey wants to make a maxi-fool out
>>of himself, no one will stand in his way.    In my opinion, the Rauchian
>>camp would be unlikely to use such a  mailing-list because they could not
>>hide in the bushes and complain about those who disagree with Tom.  .
>>
>>   A possible solution is to remove the coveted hiding place for
>>bellyachers.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>
>>cheers
>>
>>-  Rich..., 805.386.3734, www.vcnet.com/measures.