[AMPS] Re: G2DAF Amps Circuit

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: G2DAF Amps Circuit
From: Jan.E.Holm@telia.se (Jan.E.Holm@telia.se)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:02:06 +0200

     There are diodes that work just fine but I just don´t remember
     what type right now. I know that SM2CEW and SM3BDZ uses
     doides with excelent result in their DAF boxes.

     73, Jim SM2EKM
-------------------

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:40:43 JAVT "Firson Maryutenli"
<firson@hotmail.com> writes:

>I was interested for G2DAF Amps Circuit, so what kind of Diode should
be

>used to replace that vacum tube diode.
>
>Thanks in advance
>Firson - YD1BIH

Hi Firson,
   I don't believe that any suitable semiconductor diodes are made for
that application.

   The part would need to be rated at a couple hundred volts PIV with a
reverse recovery time in the vicinity of a few nanoseconds, and rated at
a hundred milliamps or so for the original DAF.

   The only part I am aware of that would even be close would be a
series
string of MBD701's (70V PIV, sub nanosecond recovery)... and I'm not
sure
how happy they would be in series!

   There are some applications for which tubes yet remain the best
choice!  :-)

73,
  Marv  WC6W

*

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

 <<Fil: Re_ [AMPS] G2DAF Amps Circuit.TXT>>