[AMPS] clicks, over shooting etc.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] clicks, over shooting etc.
From: Uwe.Egen@t-online.de (Uwe Egen)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:00:46 +0100
Tom Rauch schrieb:

> My FT-1000D, ICOM 751A's, and an IC-781 do NOT spike. Some
> Kenwoods are phenomenal in spiking. My T4XC's all spike to 200
> watts before dropping to the lock-down output of 120 watts!

If I remember correct, some month ago I have read that the model 1000D
make big spikes - from the same writer (or not ?).

BTW a storage scope is not necessary to see a 1 millisecond spike.
It is very easy to set the voltage trigger at lower potentials that the
trigger starts fast enough. Scopes today (and all the Tek/HP's 30 years
ago) give all the brightness to see a single puls one microsecond (!)
in a pleasent dark room (no repetition rate).
Delay lines have mostly 100 ns and every trigger generator starts in less
than this value including rise time of probes. If you have a spike with 1
millisecond chest you will see it always. Trigger adjustment and sweep
time is not a secret.

I guess some hams are not able to get the info 'dc voltage on' without
a spectrum analyzer with a storage facility - hi.
Question 1, what shell I do the 13.8V seems to be lower.
Answer, measure the voltage.
Question 2, what, I have no oscilloscope here. It's sometimes reality.

It may be a challenge for technicians to discuss all the possibilities
of clicks and keying shapes. Yes, it makes some cw contact hard. But, if
you hear a 'very clean' cw signal with smooth leading and trailing edges
at lower signal strenght, it's difficulty to copy. A good compromise
will do it.

An excellent idea is Tom's respond with 'first invers' ALC loop. I wonder
that nobody came back to say halleluja. It is a real good one.
I am sure the three rice facilities dont read the Amps, sorry.

73, Uwe, DL9NC