[AMPS] Output Pulse from ICOM 706

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Output Pulse from ICOM 706
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 08:53:19 -0000
Tom says:

>I won't bother saying what I think about the CW operation
>of that and other radios.

I'm constantly surprised at how bad the key clicks are from modern transceivers.
I've been told it's because of complaints from contesters/DX ers that rise and
fall times of the order of 5msec are too slow for QRQ (40-50wpm plus) CW, and
for full BK, but I find that a hard argument to swallow on the basis that very
few people actually use those speeds........

ALC is still shutting the door after the horse has bolted and gone for a feed
somewhere else...........

I'm figuring for my new linear that ALC will start before the grid gets more
positive than about -10 volts: I can do that because of the power capability of
the tube (I'm not using full capability), BUT it will be only a safety
precaution, not something that sees action very often.

73

Peter G3RZP