[AMPS] Output Pulse from ICOM 706

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Output Pulse from ICOM 706
From: apollo_six@btinternet.com (paul)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 19:11:31 +0000
Nothing complicated needed to see this - just use an ordinary power/SWR
meter and turn the power down on the ICOM. Watch the meter when you key
the rig.

Paul

In message <008c01c0761b$2715ab60$2a28dd18@speedchoice.com>, Mike Baker
<k7dd@earthlink.net> writes

>The subject of this string of e-mail has me paying attention as I own a
>IC-706MKIIG of fairly early serial number and have never noticed a "spike"
>on the leading or trailing edge of the transmitted signal on CW or SSB.
>There is a "normal"amount of "overshoot" to the wave form in CW but it is
>not more than about 7%, maybe.  These results are from my ole Heath IO-10
>monitor scope.  In fact, untill it was mentioned on this reflector, the only
>rig I was aware of (ICOM) that had the problem big time was the 775DSP.
>What is the approx length of the pulse we are talking about here??  And, as
>was asked in the original note, has anyone come up with an internal "fix" to
>the problem?  Is the pulse on any mode or only a perticular mode?
>Thanks in advance for your time..
>Mike Baker  K7DD
>k7dd@earthlink.net
>Peoria, AZ.
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/amps

To try and not succeed is better than not to try at all (Anon)