[AMPS] Eimac - Care and Feeding of Power Grid Tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Eimac - Care and Feeding of Power Grid Tubes
From: Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.com (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:53:38 +0000
paul wrote:

>Why buy it?
>
>It's gradually appearing on their web site

Oh no it isn't. That page has been there since 1996.

The idea was that the world should volunteer to update C&F at no expense
to Eimac. Mistake #1 was to keep the existing chapter structure - but
times have changed since the 1960s, and the structure of the whole book
needs to change as well. Mistake #2 was to believe that volunteer
authors would hand over all rights to Eimac for no compensation
whatever.

As a professional technical writer, I see it as a total misconception of
what needed to be done, and how to do it. Apparently others feel the
same... the web page just sits there, unchanged.

I'd buy the old print edition. AFAIK, any age is about the same.

                           http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek