[AMPS] 3CX3000A7

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 3CX3000A7
From: kh7m@hsa-kauai.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 13:20:22 -1000
Aloha,

My Henry 8K amplifier is equipped with this tube, 3CX3000A7,
ceramic triode.

Per the factory test sheet which came with the unit,  it operates
as follows.  Keyed plate voltage is 5800 volts;  a bit over 6K
key up.

With a drive power of about 60 to 70 or so watts,  I get the full legal
1500 watts out on all bands,  160 up to,  and through 10 meter band.
At the factory the unit was tested into a big Bird dummy load and
produced:

100 watts drive;  2500 to 3000+ watts all bands.

10 meters, 250 watts drive, 5000+ watts out
15 meters, 215 watts drive, 5000+ watts out
20 meters, 200 watts drive, 5000+ watts out
40 meters, 230 watts drive, 5000 watts out
80 nmeters, 200 watts drive,  5000 watts out
160 meters, 275 watts drive, 5000 watts out.

In the SSB mode,  I have always rcv'd exceptionally good audio
reports,  obviously because of the great head room above our
legal power levels available from this set up.  A great amp
to operate,  I love it!!  Easy to tune as I have a number of
presets withit,  two or three for each band,  except on 20m,
where I am using 8 frequency tune/load pots set across the
band both CW, digital,  and US SSB areas.

73,  Jim,  KH7M