[AMPS] ALC

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ALC
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 22:29:23 -0400
> > Dammit - I wish I could find the plots I did of the 'risetime' out
> > of my IC706IIG to publish. I'll have to take a fresh set. From
> > memory, 150% for a few ms, then zero for 200ishms then about 20ms
> > risetime to levelled power. Never seen the like of it - all bands,
> > all modes.

My 706 makes around 150 watts or so with a 15 volt supply. It has
less overshoot at less supply voltage...but always a lot more than
the set power and it varies from band to band of course.

It shortens the leading edge of dots and dashes on CW in QSK
also.

The Weight control is a ratio control, and no one in their mind
would want to screw up the ratio. If it was a weight control, the
chopping of leading edges on QSK could be corrected by making
the characters longer. They could have done that in the software.

Amazing what could be fixed with only software changes.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com