Fw: [AMPS] Expulsion policy on AMPS

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [AMPS] Expulsion policy on AMPS
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 07:12:50 -0700

?   What "Board"?  I thought this was a computer running the Majordomo
mail-list application.

>> If those that want to create a voting block to kick some one off need
>> to buy their own board if they don't like the way this one is being
>> administered.
>>
>> The man that owns the toys writes the rules.

?  Apparently, there are no written rules.

>> and if someone doesn't
>> like it, they need to buy their own reflector and run it the way they
>> want.  This is not a union hall and why should the moderator have to
>> get a vote of posters in order to wack someone's posts.

?  The last time I was expelled, my sin was questioning the technical
utterances of a self-appointed amplifier "expert".  (see 9/1994 QST,
p,72)   Subsequently, the "expert's"  lap-dogs mounted a letter writing
campaign to the moderator, kevetching about me.    (no pun intended)

>> posting is not a right but instead a privilege for so long as one doesn't
abuse it.

?  It is my opinion that techno-blather on the AMPS mailing-list should
be discussed extensively.  If members get the jackboot for doing so, the
AMPS reflector/mailing-list is destined to become a source of derision.

cheers, Leon

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end