[AMPS] Review of Antenna Tuner from Dayton

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Review of Antenna Tuner from Dayton
From: oz1pif@get2net.dk (Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 18:05:41 +0200
*snip*

> >Well, it might not be specifically amplifier related, but I thought I'd
let
*snip*
Rich wrote:
> /\  The Heath tuner would quite likely have worked if you had a broadband
>  75/80m double-dipole -- i.e., two dipoles in an X config.  One dipole
> resonates at 3.6MHz and one resonates at 3.9MHz.  The result is even
> better than sliced bread.
> ..

Sorry for being a little (grin) out of topic here, but Rich triggered me
with the "sliced bread" remark...
I consider the invention of sliced bread to be, not a high point, but
actually the low point of American contributions to World culture! There is,
in my humble opinion, nothing more tasteless, smell less and less chewy than
the average american slice of bread! Except for reasonably freshly baked San
Fransisco Sour Dough bread, picked up at the corner bakery, bread is a sad
story in the US. (Fortunately we had just such a bakery just around the
corner from where I lived in Cupertino, CA - it even was open on sundays!)

I don't know how I would have survived the rigors of life in th eUS without
it  :-))

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

Sound clips from OX2K operation "off the air":
http://hjem.get2net.dk/oz1pif/OX2K-sound.htm

email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@get2net.dk
http://hjem.get2net.dk/oz1pif
Shack Ph. +45 4619 3208