[AMPS] Review of Antenna Tuner from Dayton

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Review of Antenna Tuner from Dayton
From: bjk@ihug.co.nz (Barry Kirkwood)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:03:20 +1200
FWIW,
RSGB Radio Communication magazine a while back showed how the caps on a
conventional T match could be made to operate simple shorting switches at
the extreme end of their rotation, thereby converting the T into an L match
(in either configuration, higher Z in or Out) thereby increasing the
operating range and efficiency.

I still use big old link coupled jobs myself. Look like out of the early
30s, work like a charm. Made out of stuff garnered from junk sales, cost
less than the knobs on the tuners some people use.

Jump the ladder line from one ATU  to the other with an even older copper
and porcelain knife switch, looks like what was portrayed as operating
electric chairs in those old movies, but we may be going dangerously off the
thread here.......

73
end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD