[AMPS] Review of Antenna Tuner from Dayton

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Review of Antenna Tuner from Dayton
From: Mike" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 20:07:51 -0700
In a series circuit, lower C, and larger L implies higher Q. The capacitors
in a T network are in series, and thus see a voltage drop that is equal to
something like Vin/Rin*Xcin = Vin * Xcin/Rin = Vin*Q. In a PI network,
the capacitors are shunt elements, and thus see a circulating current
Icir  = Vin/Xc = Iin*Rin/Xc = Iin*Q. In this case, Q is  inversely proportional
to Xc instead of proportional to Xc as with the series case.