[AMPS] another myth on EMF

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] another myth on EMF
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:25:29 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: 2 <2@vc.net>
To: Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>; Mike <W4EF@dellroy.com>; AMPS
<amps@contesting.com>; John T. M. Lyles <jtml@lanl.gov>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: 06 November 2001 11:04
Subject: Re: [AMPS] another myth on EMF
snip

>The FAA
>decided to build a radar site on Sulphur Mountain.  When the building and
>the radar antenna dome were visable from the Ojai Valley, trouble loomed
>on the horizon.  There were newspaper and radio talk-show accounts of
>loved ones coming down with cancer and other life-threatening maladies.
>Public safety hearings were held.  There was much angst and kvetching.
>People were undoubtedly pretty pissed.   However, the FAA had not yet
>installed the radar transmitter.
I reckon radar is one area where there might just be something to think
about. Peak powers are high and beam widths are small. As a student I spent
a summer working on the Marconi Radar demo site at Bushey, where there were
several fixed and portable installations, regularly working. There was one
position in one window in the canteen where I could 'hear' the prf in my
head as a dish about 50 yds away swept past. Another set was cordoned off
with a long chain link fence, and you could hear the 'zing' move along it as
the dish came round.

Beard's going white but not unreasonably early. No idea if I'm sterile.

Steve